Thursday, February 3, 2011

All About Me

Today I have a speech assignment due. It's due in about 4hrs. I have 3-5mins to stand in front of the class and talk about myself. I so desire to spend the whole time scaring the shit out of people with the horrors of war, but I know that isn't the right thing to do.

I had to listen to some Air force kid talk about being a JTAC he was only in for 6months before he was discharged for bad eyesight...I think the JTAC school takes 6months, sooo he never made it I'd guess. Some girl talking about her 19yr old boy toy already having done 3tours over seas...now that is possible, but highly improbable. It irks me to no end.

I also need to bring a visual prop, hmmm what to bring? My haji scarf? A uniform top? Wear my combat boots? or how bout the Qu'ran I got off a dead Haji? Who knows. Maybe I won't even talk about it at all...who knows.

I just wish some days that I would have never done the Army thing. I just want to be a "normal" 25yr old male. I hate being as old as some as my teachers, it's hard to listen to them. I don't get quite as angry anymore, I've been seeing a VA Dr for PTSD, I've told my fiance about things and its seemed to help.

I geuss I should get to writing my speech.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your speach went well. Blog your feelings out. I am glad you have your girl to talk to. You will find a new normal and peace. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people feel this way. It's good that you are writing all this out. Keep writing it will help.

    ReplyDelete