Wednesday, November 4, 2009

VA, School and Life as it is

Got a call from the VA on Sunday, said they tried to reach me all weekend. Hmmm, weird, no missed calls...oh that's right I don't usually answer calls from "Unknown". Just something I picked up to avoid talking to people who want me to buy their newest penis enlargement pills, insurance on my 1967 Mustang (that I don't have) or take a survey about my water company (they provide me water at a decent price, what's to complain about). He says the same things to me that he says to 13 Stoploss. Gotta love the VA. Just think the President is the one who picked the guy that picked the Secretary in charge of the VA. Says something about our leadership up there. Someone doesn't give 2 shits about the Vets. Enough about that.

I just got my Rogerian Argument paper back. Made a 91 on it. Not to bad for work that I did in a few hours and hating every minute of it. I'm pretty sure I aced my Govt exam, and I'm still breezing through my [Woman's] History class. I still have no idea what I would like to study while I'm here. I've thought about it and I just want to be a Cowboy. Riding a horse, chasing down cattle rustlers, nice ranch in the middle of nowhere...I want to do it 135yrs ago though. I'll figure something out.

Life is good, other than missing the camaraderie and brotherhood I had with the guys I served with. Yes I have friends that I hang out with now, but it isn't the same. I sort of miss Iraq and all the fun we had together over there. (Well if that doesn't sound gay I don't know what does.) I had a blast with the friends I made over there in that man-made hell. As shitty as life was for everyone we kicked ass and took names. Nowhere else will I find that "Brotherhood" that I miss. Life doesn't have that same thrill or zeal that it used to have.

I'm tired of punk-ass college kids complaining about how there daddy is about to cut them off if they don't shape up. I'm tired of the assholes in Washington playing with my life as if I were just a number. I can't yell loud enough to make anyone in a position to do anything hear me...without resorting to illegal actions that is. I just want to be a regular person and live a normal life without all the pent up rage and hatred. Without all the stress to perform to a certain standard. Damn if this shit don't feel like a f*ing joke.

3 comments:

  1. I felt similar until I got to the University.

    Ain't no joke now. Some of the students are, but much less so.

    Keep your head up and persevere. it gets harder and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandon,
    Cowboy sounds good. Do you ride? Always wanted to learn how to ride a horse. Hang in there...you got this. Sounds like your doing a great job. Don't sell yourself short...after you get that edge-a-ma-cation more doors will be open for you and you might even become the owner/head honcho of a dude ranch or something. The trick is finding something you like to do and combine with ways to make a living,help others, figure out how to make your voice heard legally! I could use a few years on a dude ranch myself right now. Feeling pretty lost...like I have no idea what to do with my bleepin' life. Notice I don't follow my own advice too well. Take care Brandon. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There. I came to this blog from Stoploss 13 but I find you blog almost unreadable as it is black letters on dark green. I'll look in from time to time to see if you are more legible as Stopless 13 has made strong recommendations and I am sure you have something worthwhile to say.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete