Friday, January 22, 2010

Rice and Gunfire

A couple hours ago I was eating a pizza I shouldn't have bought, with the money I really don't have to spare, in my room while watching the television. 315 channels of included cable and not a damn thing on. CNN popped on and to my dismay two young Haitian (spelling?) men have been shot for "stealing" bags of rice. None of the locals in the area think the rice was stolen, and disagree with them being shot.

Side note:
I am truly dismayed and wish I could be down in Haiti with Team Rubicon but don't have the means(not sure how that would work out with the GI Bill either).

I immediately became infuriated as I watched a young man die. CNN Reporter Karl Penhaul and his camera man (whose name I don't know) film this man dying in the middle of the street. I understand we aren't supposed to interfere with police business, but THE POLICE HAVE LEFT THE SCENE!!

What the hell?!??!

What irks me even more is that there are obviously other foreigners standing around that do nothing. I understand that TV is not a good place to learn your first aid techniques but come on, one of the basic things you CAN learn from TV shows is attempt to stop the bleeding. The very least you could do as a fucking human being is hold his fucking hand as you watch him suffocate on the blood pooling in his lungs!!!

Sorry, I really don't know who to hate, the media or society for choosing to allow the media to broadcast a/an horrific event such as that. Who do I have to petition to get such things stopped?

Go to CNN's website and look under their videos section, the international tab, "Haiti Summary Execution" if you must watch it.

What is our world coming too?

1 comment:

  1. Disgusting. I'm sickened by this kind of blatant disrespect for human life--all for ratings. If there is a hell, there's a special section for these news journalists and the bastard corporations that sponsor these segments.

    ReplyDelete