Friday, February 8, 2013

Psycho Vets....

A link was sent to me by 13Stoploss earlier today and I thought I'd share it here with everyone.
 http://www.stripes.com/crazy-vet-assumptions-after-shootings-more-stereotype-than-reality-1.206948

What upsets me is that it is common place to assume all soldiers have PTSD. Well not all soldiers do, those that do, in my personal experience, are more likely to turn to the bottle or pills than a gun. That is just a personal observation. I personally have rage issues. When I get irritated it doesn't take much for me to fly off the handle and yell or break things. Do I have a problem? Yes, yes I do. I know this. Have I ever hurt someone in a fit of rage? Nope, never have. I am a trained veteran with 2 tours in Iraq and would never dream or hurting an innocent individual. There are people out there that need to be killed, but I'm not in that business anymore. I'll leave the killing to the military. I'm tired of the PTSD excuse. I'm tired of hearing that vets aren't stable.
The problem isn't with us, the problem is with all the bullshit spread by the mainstream media outlets. They spread lies about how vets are just timebombs waiting to explode, well, well we're not. We're no more likely to explode than the next man. Let me let everyone on a couple things:
We are fathers
We are mothers
We are brothers and sisters
We have hopes and dreams
We feel happy sad
We get angry and depressed
We are black, white, brown, yellow and red
We are made of flesh and blood like everyone else
We bleed, sweat and cry

What makes us different is we HAVE ALREADY paid our dues.
We have bled, sweated and cried for YOU. You, the citizens of the nation we stood up to defend, ostracize us. Treat us as if we don't belong here in your "perfect" society. Well, let me let you in on a secret...We're the reason your "perfect" society exists. We kept the wolves at bay. We did so in order to provide a place for you that is safe, so you don't have to be worried about being pulled out of your comfy beds in the middle of the night. We answered the call so you could mock us and fear us. We, the sons and daughters of America, have watched our friends die in our arms. I have words for all of you that call us crazy or unfit, but they're not very eloquent and would make me look uneducated, so I shall hold my tongue.

To all of you politicians, I'd say what I want to say but I'd probably have the FBI knocking on my door within the hour, so I shall edit it and use gentler words. You sit up there in DC in your fancy offices wearing your fancy suits that would cost me my paycheck for the month and you talk about cutting military pay. You talk about taking my guns, you can keep on talking. You can take my money, you can tax me into the grave, but I will not give up my freedoms that I protected. Get down off your damn pedestals and come live like an average American for once. Come down here and work for a day. Then, maybe then, I'd have some respect for you. Probably not, but maybe.

Ok, rant complete. FOX3, out

1 comment: