Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Man of stee...titanium!

I had surgery 4weeks ago this past monday. AWESOME!!! I no longer have the burning and numbness in my foot. My back only hurts after a restless night of tossing and turning. I was up and walking about 24hrs after my surgery. They took out two disks and bracketed them with the little bracket things. The doctor didn't think it was funny when I asked whether I needed a flat head or a Phillips head screwdriver to tighten the screws up when they got loose. Actually he about shit a cinder block sideways. To hell with him.
I still haven't heard back from the GI Bill processing place about my GI Bill. Aparently you can't go to the school with your DD214 and they hand you money. Well fuck me running I wish I would have been informed of this. Now I have rent due, school money due and I can't work because of my back surgery. FUCK!! Why does it have to be that the little guys have to pay for everything with their blood, sweat and tears?
People tell me that I've got it easy because of the GI Bill, I strongly disagree. To those people I want to say, " Have you watched any of your friends get blown up lately?" Hmmmm? Have you ever gotten up before the sunrise after sleeping in the backseat of a Humvee barely able to stand because your knees have locked up from being in the same position all night. How bout facing death in the face sking,"My turn?" To those people I say kindly fuck off, quit living off mommy and daddy. Get a fucking job you worthless fuck!
To those people that actually do work for a living, I applaud you. Single parents, those of you that work 4 jobs just to hold onto both ends of the rope, I respect and admire you. I wish you luck and hope the best for you.



You don't know if you didn't go

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Relying on the VA to pay your rent is a bad idea. Took about 4 weeks for me to get my VA paperwork back, and that doesn't mean I'd get paid, either. You should fill out some sort of "fee waiver" at your school, and apply for FAFSA. I usually get some pell grants, etc. Lastly, don't waste your benefits on the regular GI Bill--that's only $1300 a month. With the Post-9/11, you'll get tuition paid, AND BAH allowance for your zip code. However, that doesn't come until the end of each month, after you have been verified of enrollment.

    Your VA people on campus need to be treated like they were Supply Room NCO's. That is, if they aren't friend worthy in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you good luck in sorting it all out...you deserve EVERY little or big benefit you are entitled to, and then some. And then A LOT. Some of us out here (who aren't military) know you earned those benefits the HARDEST WAY possible...and we're happy that you are using them. Suck every last drop out of the system that you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about your post all day, and I'd like to ask you a question. Could you contact me at nycpetite at gmail dot com before tomorrow morning? (I'll be computer-less for a few days after that.) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete